CCSD 89 Board of Education
The Community Consolidated School District 89 Board is comprised of seven members who are elected by the community at large to serve staggered terms of four years. Board Members serve without compensation and are forbidden by law to have financial interest in any business transacted by the Board.
The Board of Education usually meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of each month at the District Administration Center, 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn. A full calendar of board meetings is available here.
CCSD 89 strives for transparency in the decisions of the Board of Education and public documents. All previous agendas and approved minutes are available here.
Agendas for upcoming meetings are posted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the meeting and are also available at the meeting for audience members. Public notice of date or time changes are posted at the administration center and on the district’s web site.
Board members all live within the CCSD 89 boundaries. Board elections are held the first Tuesday in April on odd-numbered years. Board Officers are elected by the School Board and serve a two-year term. Officers include a President, Vice President and Secretary. The Recording Secretary is employed by and acts at the direction of the Board.
No single member of the Board has authority over policy, or the right to act in the name of the Board.
You can learn more about the seven CCSD 89 Board members here.
In 2019, the Board of Education welcomed two students as non-voting members of the Board. You can learn more here.
Responsibilities of the Board
- To employ a superintendent who is responsible to the Board for the management of the schools in accordance with state law and School Board policy.
- To develop and adopt policies that, within the bounds of community and state guidelines and support, will provide the children of CCSD 89 with the best possible educational experience.
- To monitor and evaluate all aspects of the CCSD 89 educational program and the administration of the district, in keeping with the mission statement and strategic objectives.
- To adopt an annual budget.
- To plan for the future of the school district.
For more information about the CCSD 89 Board of Education, contact Theresa Sevier at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 469-8900, ext. 3503.